Thursday, October 3, 2013

Review : Eyeliner (Maybelline vs Essence)

Hi hi hi hi everyone! *hyperventilating* I am so excited to be back here and writing a post for you beauty princesses. As my title above, in this post I'll be doing a short review on eyeliners. Eyeliner is indeed a very very very essential/must have item for every girl out there. You may not need blusher or mascara but you need an eyeliner. Eyeliner can do wonder to your whole look and trust me ain't no girl looking hideous wearing eyeliner. :P Okay, so for the review, I'll be comparing two eyeliners that I have in my collection. One is my ultimate favourite and the other one is the one that I really dislike. Before we start with the comparing session, allow me to include two pictures alright?

Above : Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner.
Below : Essence Superfine Eyeliner pen.

Swatches : Above- Maybelline
              Below- Essence

First, let's talk about the packaging. I really love the Maybelline's packaging because it has the touch of gold and I am a sucker for gold colour. For me, it symbolizes the wealth and fabulousity.*vaining* And of course, both of these eyeliners are in the colour of black and black always make things look sleek and sexy. So, the packaging is okay for both of the eyeliners.

Next, is the tip of the eyeliner. Both of them are in the form of pen. You can handle them like you're holding a pen and you're good to go. BUT, the tip for the Maybelline is really good. It glides well on your eyelid and I enjoy using this eyeliner. For the Essence, the tip is hard and long (too long for my own preference) and that's why I don't like it. It's hard for me to handle and it doesn't glide well on my eyelids.

And the last one, is the water resistance. Both are in the waterproof formula which is good and we all want that right? BUT, here lies the problem again with the Essence. It is waterproof and too hardcore. It takes minutes for me to get rid just the surface of the liner. Even after I'm done with the cleansing part, there's still leftovers of liner on my eyelids thus makes me feel irritated. On the other hand, the Maybelline liner works well with water/makeup remover. It is waterproof but you can take it off easily and that's what us, Muslim women want because that'd make our job easier when we want to take our wudhu'. :)

To tell you of how much I love love love Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner, this is my 2nd purchase because I finished the first one. Essence is a cheaper choice but I will not repurchase it. You can get the Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner at any drugstores available at your place for only RM23.

Until next post, stay tuned beauties!

xoxo
WhatsWithBeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...